Executive Manager: Banking [Centurion]
POSTED BY: Land & Agricultural Development Bank
Date Published:25 May 2023
Date of Expiration:21 November 2023 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| South Africa | CENTURION in South Africa
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Closing Date 2023/05/26
Reference Number LAN230516-1
Job Title Executive Manager: Banking [Centurion]
Division Commercial Development Banking
Unit Commercial Development Banking
Job Type Classification Permanent
Location - Country South Africa
Location - Province Gauteng
Location - Town / City Centurion
JOB ADVERT SUMMARY
The Land and Agricultural Development Bank of South Africa (Land Bank) is South Africa’s only specialist agricultural bank established in 1912, the bank’s sole objective is to serve South African commercial and emerging farmers and bring specially designed financial services within their reach. These services enable farmers to finance land, equipment, improve assets and obtain production credit. The Land Bank provides financial services that have moved with the times and continues to provide services to agri-business and constantly reviews its offerings to ensure that they match the needs of an industry. As change has swept across the sector in South Africa the socio-economic makeup of agriculture has altered, bringing new entrants from historically disadvantaged backgrounds on to the land, these new farmers, facing the challenges of establishing sustainable agri-businesses across the agricultural value chain, Land Bank has been a commercial lifeline offering appropriately designed financial products that facilitate personal and commercial viability in a sector that is vital to the sustainability of South Africa and its people.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
1. To develop and implement the overall divisional banking strategy and plan to sustainably lead banking operations; and proactively develop and manage relationships with Corporate, Commercial and Development customers as well as Intermediary Channel Partnerships.
2. Plays an integral role in leading the originating, structuring and executing of transactions with existing customers and proactively driving new business development opportunities.
3. Is critical to the execution of the transformation strategy as well as the provision of technical services and capabilities across the bank.
4. Leads and enhances the Bank’s profitability, product offerings, develop tailor made customer solutions, mitigate transactional risks.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Formulate the Banking Operations strategy and aligns it to the Land Bank strategy and operating model
1. Analyse the Land Bank Strategy to determine the future trends and strategic direction of the company and translates Group Strategy into relevant divisional strategy
2. Interpret the Land Bank Strategy to determine the 3-year vision/strategy for Banking Operations
3. Translating the Corporate Strategy into a Divisional Strategy and Execution and Re-Engineering Delivery
Designs and Implements revenue streams that drive the Bank’s profitability and financial sustainability
1. Develop and implement the best ‘fit for purpose’ service delivery approaches and structure for the Land Bank
2. Designs foundations for growth of the Land Bank book across the spectrum of farm sizes
3. Manages an integrated sale, relationship, and portfolio growth strategy that are aligned with the business plan to achieve targets and other agreed objectives.
Governance: Credit Management and Enterprise Risk Management for Banking Operations - policies
1. Oversees compliance with client lending practices and standards.
2. Assessment of operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Clearly articulate the commercial value add of transactions and how credit risks are mitigated as it goes through the governance structures for approval.
Development Impact and Transformation of the Agricultural Sector
1. Determine the approach and framework for the achievement of the Development Impact Mandate in support of the Bank’s development and transformation mandate.
2. Identify, facilitate and manage agricultural development projects
3. Manage all aspects of Bank interaction with clients, including directing and coordinating execution of transaction
Business Development and Stakeholder Management
1. Accountable for all origination and business development within the Division, including origination delivery elements executed through Intermediary Channel Partnership and Strategic Partners.
2. Manage all aspects of Bank interaction with clients, including directing and coordinating execution of transaction.
3. Assume primary responsibility for developing, maintaining and generating revenue from clients.
Partnership Fund Management
1. Identify, pursue and initiate fund and partnership opportunities to cultivate the agricultural market and ensure alignment to the strategy.
2. Conduct investment appraisal of proposed funds to determine viability and economic impact.
3. Engage appropriate multidisciplinary Land Bank resources to initiate negotiations with potential fund partners to ensure fit for purpose new products and partnerships..
Divisional and People Management
1. Analyse the business plan to determine the applicable Key Performance Areas, Key Performance Indicators and sets targets for the division.
2. Conduct performance reviews in accordance with policies and procedures and take corrective actions where necessary
3. Make sure that Divisional objectives and Company objectives are cascaded throughout division
1. Determine the human capital requirements, in accordance with the expected deliverables and current capacity
2. Optimise and secure the human capital/resources to ensure that deliverables will be met in accordance with the expected targets
3. Set and achieve employment equity targets
1. Develop and manage the divisional budget
2. Manage expenditure and ensure no fruitless expenditure
3. Adhere to financial guidelines and thus ensure proper control over expenditure
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|PREFERRED MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. A post graduate qualification in Agricultural Economics, Banking, or Finance
2. Master’s degree in business/or MBA
3. Experience in Development Finance, Agricultural finance, agricultural business - 8 years
4. Strategic Management experience which includes leadership or management of a customer-facing profit making business unit – 10 years
5. Experience in the leadership of strategic programme execution which includes project management and/or consulting – 8 years
6. Experience of the above job function at an Executive Management Level as well as the ability to manage a team of Senior Managers and professionals – 8 years
1. Agricultural finance, Development finance; project finance, including credit / risk analysis skills to enable informed interaction with Executives, Managers and Senior Staff.
2. Business operations, business processes, customer relationship management, budgeting, and business office operations.
3. Human resource management principles, practices, and procedures
4. Policies, models, tools and systems
5. Business Acumen
6. Strategy and Business Planning
7. Corporate finance and banking skillset including transaction structuring, financial analysis, due diligence and risk management
8. Stakeholder management
9. Deep understanding of impact of the agricultural sector and external factors (e.g. economy, financial markets, market risk dynamics etc.) on risk of the Land Bank portfolio and potential transactions. Understand the role and mandate of the Land Bank in the agricultural sector of South Africa
1. Knowledge of the Land Bank Act
2. Knowledge of PFMA
3. Extended hours as and when required
4. Travel as and when required