Partnership Analyst / Associate - Institutional Engagement [Beijing]
POSTED BY: Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
Date Published:31 May 2023
Date of Expiration:27 November 2023 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| China | BEIJING in China
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|Ref. Number 23118
Position Partnership Analyst / Associate - Institutional Engagement [Beijing]
Minimum 3-5 years of experience
Department/Division Operational Partnership Department
Job Type Global Recruitment
Posting Date May 24, 2023
Closing Date Jun 14, 2023
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow—infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 106 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and rated AAA by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients’ needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Operational Partnership Department (OPD), under the Vice Presidency, Policy and Strategy, is responsible for managing and coordinating the operational partnerships between AIIB and relevant multilateral organizations, fora and stakeholders; administering the Bank’s Special Funds resources, including performing the role of Implementing Partner of selected partnership facilities; as well as managing the Bank’s engagement with regional coordination mechanisms, with the objective of building relationships that can mobilize additional resources for AIIB’s investment operations. The Institutional Engagement and Cooperation Team (IEC) under the OPD is in charge of overall partnership management and strategic alignment with sovereign and nonsovereign partners, engaging with regional and subregional cooperation platforms, coordinating global and multilateral policy issues.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
OPD is looking for an Analyst/Associate for the IEC Team whose primary responsibility will be to assist senior team members in implementing AIIB partnership workplans and programs, engaging institutional partners, coordinating within AIIB through the information desk, maintaining digital platform operations, and undertaking data research and analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct basic research to support the implementation of partnership frameworks, prepare analysis and profiles on key partners;
2. Assist institutional partner engagements, including conducting a preliminary screening on potential strategic partners and alignment assessments, suggesting appropriate partnership instruments, and following up on outreach engagements;
3. Support the team for engagement missions, including preparing briefing packages, presentations, memos, and reports; coordinate the organization and participation in meetings and events;
4. Conduct internal and external communication in support of the operation of OPD information desk and digital platform;
5. Support the team members in achieving set targets and objectives;
6. Conduct any other tasks assigned by the supervisors or the Director General, OPD.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|1. Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience in the area of sovereign and/or nonsovereign partnerships gained in an international organization or international financial institution;
2. Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with specialization in development finance, corporate finance, economics, international relations or a related field;
3. Experience in supporting partnership strategy / planning and development functions in an international organization would be an added advantage;
4. Experience with Financial modelling, data analytics and powerpoint;
5. Photoshop design skills are an added advantage;
6. Demonstrated ability to work with different departments and institutions, with various teams, and collaborate with a team of professional staff to achieve common objectives;
7. Effective interpersonal and organizational abilities in liaising with internal and external stakeholders, including clients, at all levels;
8. High proficiency of written and spoken English while working knowledge of an additional language of an AIIB Member would be an added advantage.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB’s mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 11:59 p.m. (GMT+8) on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.