|Requisition ID 748
Established in 1985, the Eastern and Southern African Trade and Development Bank Group (TDB Group) is a multilateral, treaty-based, investment-grade development finance institution, with 41 sovereign and institutional shareholders and assets of approximately USD 8 billion. TDB Group currently serves 25 economies in Africa, with the mandate to foster trade, regional economic integration, and sustainable development. For more information, visit www.tdbgroup.org.
TDB aims to attract and retain exceptionally talented professionals by offering a conducive working environment and attractive salaries and benefits. In line with its growth strategy, TDB is looking for self-motivated and results oriented professionals to join a team committed to building a world class financial institution aimed at promoting trade, economic development, and regional integration. Interested and qualified candidates who are nationals of TDB’s member states are therefore invited to apply for the subject position, based in Nairobi, Kenya.
1. Reporting to the Coverage Executive, East Africa, the Senior Coverage Officer is primarily responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with existing and prospective customers and promoting the bank’s financial solutions within the assigned region.
2. The incumbent is expected to initiate and originate quality deals and viable transaction in line with the bank’s strategy.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Lead the origination and customer relationship management within assigned geography, including setting overall customer strategy and account plan.
2. Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the customers’ needs and the sectors or markets in which they operate and define and agree relationship strategy and drive execution.
3. Actively identify customers’ needs across the bank’s capabilities and originate new business by leveraging on the bank’s competitive advantage with existing and new customers.
4. Initiate and lead strategic discussions with customers, as well as identify solutions and bring in the right product partners to execute on proposals.
5. Deliver customer revenues, impact and managing risk acceptance particularly compliance and credit risk.
6. Engage with teams from credit, legal, compliance, portfolio management to identify risks relating to new opportunities and the existing portfolio and define ideas that can help resolve or mitigate these risks.
7. Once an opportunity is identified, prepare an application to the “New Deal Forum” and participate in term sheet negotiations.
8. Oversee seamless client onboarding and liaising with portfolio management department, continued portfolio monitoring.
9. Track deal closure in collaboration with product teams.
10. Participate in the development of the department’s annual budget in line with the corporate budget to effectively guide the deal pipeline.
11. Review and assess internal policies and procedures to ensure adherence, deliver effective governance, oversight and controls and where necessary oversee changes to the policies
12. Awareness and understanding of established market and global best practice and regulatory landscape within the assigned geography.
13. Establish and maintain effective working relations with professional counterparts and external parties to collect market intelligence and identify new business opportunities.
14. Conduct or commission market research and analysis to understand implications and identify new business development opportunities in line with the bank's strategy.
15. Champion the bank’s brand, core values, culture and conduct standards.
16. Mentor and share core competence related knowledge with other coverage officers.
17. Perform other responsibilities assigned under the bank’s policies and procedures.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
1. A master’s degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Economics, or related fields with relevant professional qualifications as an added advantage.
2. At least 8 - 10 years of relevant professional experience in a development financial institution (DFI), a commercial bank or a private equity firm preferably in a customer facing role with experience in originating, structuring, and closing transactions. Experience in originating and structuring project finance transactions is an added advantage.
3. Proven track-record of developing and managing relationships with customers.
4. Knowledge of corporate and sovereign credit analysis and approval processes with ability to work with various financial instruments.
5. Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills including financial modelling.
6. Excellent written and communication skills with ability to describe highly complex issues, approaches, and lessons learned in a manner that is relevant and understandable to internal and external stakeholders.
7. Results oriented individual with proven organizational, problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to build partnerships, work in multinational teams, deliver results and management client relationships.
8. Fluency in verbal and written English is a requirement. Knowledge of TDB’s other working languages (French or Portuguese) would be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their applications by 14th June 2023 through TDB Career Website.
Applications should include a resume, academic and professional certificates, full contact address and the names and addresses of three referees.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted further. TDB is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who previously applied do not need to re-apply.