Associate, Project Preparation Unit (JPP) [Cairo]
POSTED BY: African Export and Import Bank AFREXIMBANK Egypt
Date Published:12 January 2022
Date of Expiration:11 July 2022 EXPIRED
RECOMMEND THIS JOB ON FACEBOOK
|LOCATION OF THIS JOB
| Egypt | CAIRO in Egypt
|DEVELOPMENT FINANCE INSTITUTIONS
|MAIN JOB DESCRIPTION
|1. Working time Full-time
2. Location Cairo, Egypt
3. Deadline 03/10/2022
4. Reference SRBRPRPU
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This job role is part of the Bank’s Junior Professionals Programme. The purpose is to provide the candidate with an opportunity to acquire further banking, finance and trade development skills in order to contribute impactful diverse ideas to the operations of the Bank and, where relevant, the successful candidate could be considered for a permanent role.
NATURE AND SCOPE OF ROLE
Given the role that PRPU is to play in enabling the Bank advance its goals through various initiatives embarked on in various member countries, the department will require an Associate to support and work with the PRPU team to reduce time spent on less strategic and mundane business activities such as managing the Department’s Transaction pipeline, client follow ups, preliminary business reviews and transaction support etc, thus enabling the PRPU to concentrate and focus on strategic and high value tasks of the department which will ultimately lead to the department accomplishing its goals in an efficient and effective manner.
Reviews and Analysis:
Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
1. Carry out initial and basic analysis pre-screening of projects including and not limited to a fatal flaw analysis that encompasses assessing market risk, technical risk, financial risk, sponsor support risk, legal & regulatory risk, environmental risks.
2. Preparation of project synopsis with recommendations on the next steps of a transaction.
3. Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s evaluation.
4. Drafting teaser presentations for clients.
5. Assessing regional, country and market sectors to identify market opportunities for the PRPU to intervene.
6. Conduct sector-specific data analysis and stress-testing of various operating models to help generate ideas for how PRPU can support transactions under review.
1. Under the supervision of a designated PRPU staff, draft a pre-assessment memo as and when the need arises.
2. Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
3. Prepare and manage PRPU transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
4. Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision making.
5. Submission of departmental Monthly reports to the Head.
1. Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank.
2. Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements.
3. Develop, update and manage a database of Project Preparation Intermediaries.
4. Representing PRPU in Internal & external meetings when required to do so.
5. Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
|REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS JOB
|QUALIFICATION AND SKILL
1. Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyze financial statements and Information.
2. Master’s degree in a relevant field from a recognized University backed by appropriate experience of at least 3 years.
3. Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
5. Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments.
6. Demonstrate organizational capabilities, including ability to manage workload with limited supervision to attain goals.
7. Being able to be multitasked, Proactive and able to use initiative appropriately.
BENEFITS AND CONTRACTUAL INFORMATION:
1. 2 year contract.
2. Willing and able to relocate to Cairo, Egypt.
3. Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY
If you wish to apply for the position, please send your CV to Shearidan Rabsch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please visit www.caglobalint.com for more exciting opportunities.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Banking & Finance
CA Global will respond to short-listed candidates only. If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.